Quality Education
REFLECTION JOURNAL
Quality Education
As I belong to a culture which have a mindset that a girl doesn’t deserve to study university because in the end she belongs nowhere but “the kitchen”.
I have always dreamed to go aboard for educational purpose.
And of course the whole folk wasn’t really convinced about that!
Some says “How come a girl go to college! It will be hard to find a husband for her” and others say
“Why should we waste money? She will be a house wife anyways”
Well to be honest All that was expected.
Thankfully, having an open minded parents helped me to overcome those spiritless speeches.
Quoting from UN poster
“Education helps reduce inequalities and reach gen- der equality and is crucial
to fostering tolerance and more peaceful societies.”
In my experience, I have lived in between and felt the impact of a woman having a high education, she is not only able to raise a well educated child but also gain respect from her husband and his family.
I really got motivated from such situations.
So, I promised myself if I got the chance to continue my study I would work hard and show those who underestimate women’s potencies in changing the world.
Abdelhamid Ben Badis (an Algerian educator, exegete, Islamic reformer, scholar and figurehead of cultural nationalism) once said “ If you teach a son, you teach an individual. And if you teach a daughter you teach the coming folk.”
Comments
Post a Comment